Tuesday 30 September 2014

100 Days Of...

Brief Development.
When writing my briefs I based them on topics I am interested in and things that I want to do more of before I have no choice. This brief will help me to develop my illustrative skills. I wanted to do this brief and originally called it 'practice makes perfect' becasue I want to keep practicing my illustration skills, it is something I enjoy doing. Creating different illustrations will also increase my creativity and imagination when doing it. After my tutorial I have found that it will be more realistic to split my briefs up when they are larger. This means that I will have two parts to this brief.

Part 1.
Brief.
Create an illustration every day for the next 100 days.
Considerations.
The restrictions to this brief are scale and theme. I have decided that they must fit into 150mm by 150mm. I have also decided to increase my imagination by creating a theme which will be monster, therefore I will create a monster a day for 100 days.
Mandatories.
Research into different monsters, what I want, and don't want them to look like. Blog each monster each day. Blog research of the topic.
Deliverables.
100 days of monsters.

Part 2.
Brief. 
Create a publication of the 100 monsters, and other ephemera if necessary. Could create a campaign/exhibition of the monsters to try and get other people to take the '100 days of...' challenge.
Considerations.
Consider the method of distribution. Also create the exhibition not just propose it. Who it will be aimed at? Children? Adults? Students? Male? Female?
Mandatories.
Research into exhibitions and campaigns see which is most relevant. 3-5 design boards. Real life project not proposed.
Deliverables.
a Campaign/Exhibition.

Reading List.
Growing Graphics: design for kids/ Eckert, Vicky, Zuniga, Efren and Frexias, Ana (2009)
- Blenheim 741.6
Designing with one and two colours/ Franciso, Maia (2011)
- Blenheim 741.6
Illustration now!/ Wiedemann, Julius (e.d) (2005)
- Blenheim 741.603

No comments:

Post a Comment