Tuesday 30 September 2014

Quentin Tarantino Box Set

Brief Development.

Quentin Tarantino is one of my favourite writers and producers, I think that hi films are amazing and so interesting to watch. I think that having a special edition boxset collection of his films will reach other audiences, and current audiences of Tarantino films. During this brief I am looking to create a boxset of Tarentino's films with alternative covers, flyers inside each DVD, a publication about the films and Tarantino himself, and the packaging for the boxset. This brief will help me to improve my crafting skills with my packaging, as I think that the crafting should be really well done at this point. It is also something I am very interested in and will allow me to create a publication, packaging and illustrations.

Brief.
Design and make a Quentin Tarantino boxset for his films (6-14films) with information about him and the films inside of it.
Considerations.
Consider the target audience and how they will view the films. Also consider how many films to include in the boxset and how they will be ordered.
Target Audience.
Quentin Tarantino fanatics, people who enjoy watching his films, and people who collect films/boxsets. 
Mandatories.
Research about Quentin Tarantino, and research about each of the films. 3-5 design boards.
Deliverables.
Boxset with 6 to 14 of Tarantino's films in it. Publication about the films and Tarantino. 

Reading Lists.
DVD-art: Innovation in DVD Packaging Design/ Rivers, Charlotte (2005)
- Blenheim 741.66
Minimalist Graphics/ Franciso, Maia (2011)
- Blenheim 741.6
Basic Packaging/ Roojen, Pepin Van and Hronek Jakob (2010)
-Vernon 745.541

No comments:

Post a Comment