Thursday 11 December 2014

DR ME Evaluation

Evaluation.

The day in the life of DR ME brief was an interesting day; it enabled me to work in a collaborative with Sean Connelly, which is someone that I don’t normally work with. It also allowed me to work in a way, which I wouldn’t normally work too. Sean and I decided that we would do the briefs in the same way that DR ME approaches their briefs. Working with Sean went really well, I think we worked well together in both the making and the idea making and conceptual part of the brief.

At the start of the day I wasn’t sure how we would get through three brief in one day, although it shows just how much work you can get done when you set your mind to it. During the whole day the part I enjoyed the best and thought was most successful was the vinyl sleeve. The concept that we made for the sleeve is so fitting and appropriate for the track that we were given, Duga 3. We also decided to produce this by finding different pieces of collage that we could find. The strengths in this brief were the developing of ideas and concepts; this is something that both Sean and I did collaboratively. During this brief I realised that the stronger the concept is the better the message comes through in the design. It has always been an important part of the design process, but after doing this brief I have decided that I will be spending more time in future briefs on conceptual ideas and developing them further in the future.

Producing three briefs in one day was a challenge but the briefs went really well. If I were to do this brief again I would have created something for the final individual brief that was hand made and cut out, rather than digital. This would just keep consistency throughout the day. Although I believe that the individual brief I created was a balanced mixture of the way, which I work, and the way the DR ME works.

No comments:

Post a Comment