- Internship in Milan at a magazine called domus, and was there for two months.
- Internship for 7 months at Boat Magazine, was an unpaid internship.
- Each issue of boat goes to a different city. Sept 2012 was Athens, this meant that the unpaid internship was worth it for Alec Dudson.
- Engages with realities in the magazine.
- Both for and against interns.
- Get the brand out there with the Issue 0.
- Created a kick starter campaign to raise funds.
- Distributed Issue 1 himself.
- Adverts in the magazine from the sponsors are designed and applied by Intern for Intern.
Independent Magazine Brief.
Create and invent our own independent magazine. Get into groups of 5-6 people and think about creating a crowd funding concept for the magazine. Present in groups then receive feedback.
- Melissa Gater
- Melissa Hardcastle
- Amy Hill
- Sam Walker
- Caitlin Walsh
Whilst we were looking at the covers, Sam, Mel and Mel were looking into the crowd funding and what our video will look like. They came up with the idea of having lots of shocking images from around the UK, places which no-one would think would be in the UK. Then shock by saying where they can find these places. Sam suggested ideas of in the video showing studio space, and progress on the magazine itself, this would show that we are capable, and may increase funds. Looking further into what the benefits would be to investing in our magazine, we wanted to make it more personal to our magazine by offering visits and tours around the places we are showcasing in our magazine. Therefore Sam and Mel were working on the rewards to investing in our magazine.
For our presentation we all chipped in on elements of the magazine, even if it was a small contribution. The feedback we received was that it is interesting and what they like most about it is the seasonal elements, and they could see that it could actually work. The only improvements were to define the audience a bit more, which is something we were aware of before we went into the presentation.
At first I was skeptical about the subject of our magazine, but then when we all started discussing what we could do for it, and what it would include. I am really happy with the group I was in and the subject we chose for our independent magazine, as I think it would be really interesting. The presentations went really well apart from two of the four covers for the seasons didn't come up on the screen. But other than that I think that it went really well. The day was really interesting and I learnt a lot, although I thought that we would all come out with a few layouts for magazines therefore it was different to what I thought. Overall it was a very helpful day.